Pumpkin seeds pack therapeutic and nutritional ingredients. They are rich in protein, iron, zinc, omega-3s, manganese, magnesium, and phospherous. It also helps reduce cholestrol. Cranberries are known to contain significant amounts of antioxidants and other phytonutrients that help protect against heart disease, cancer, urinary tract infections, and other diseases. This recipe packs the benefit of both Cranberries and Pumpkin in a yummy snack, especially a evening time snack with herbal tea. Hope this suits you well.
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs equivalent egg replacer (we use the ener-g brand)
1/4 cup butter or oil.
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1-3/4 cups All purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tbsp yogurt
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup dried Cranberries
1. In a small bowl beat sugar, egg replacer, oil, vanilla extract and almond extract.
2. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients – flour, salt, and baking powder.
3. Gradually add dry mixture to sugar mixture and mix well.
4. Stir in the pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
5. Grease the baking sheet (15 x 12).
6. Divide dough into half. With slightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12in x 2in rectangle. See picture below:
7. Bake at 350 degree farenheit for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 10 minutes.
9. Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 3/4 inch slices.
10. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets
11. Bake for 5 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 5- 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
12. Cool them on wire racks. The biscotti can be stored in an airtight container.