Posted by: Surya 31 December 2011 No Comments Yet
This is a simple, quick chutney recipe. It’s another way to add healthy beetroot in your family’s diet. The contrasting taste of tomatoes, chilies, and beet roots is sure to please your palate.
2 medium beetroots grated
2 medium tomatoes chopped
2 red chilli (Adjust to your preference. 2 chilli’s is a little above medium hot)
1/8 tsp asafoetida
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp sea salt (slightly heaped)
less than 1/2 cup of water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida, red chillies and chopped tomatoes. Sauté for couple minutes.
- Add grated beet roots, salt, and water. Stir them, cover and cook.
- Stir occasionally, to avoid the ingredients sticking to the bottom. If more water is needed, add little at a time.
- When the beets are cooked turn off the heat and let it cool down completely and blend into puree.
- Beetroot chutney can be served with idli, uthappam, etc.